Role: Venture Studio Senior Associate, Oxeon Ventures
Location: New York, NY
Oxeon is a specialized healthcare professional services and investments firm focused on building and accelerating the growth of impactful healthcare tech and services businesses. Our primary mission at Oxeon is to make people healthier. We achieve this mission by building relationships across the industry and collaborating with exceptional people to solve the most meaningful problems in healthcare.
Oxeon Holdings is composed of two distinct businesses that reinforce one another. Oxeon Partners was the first business line, started in 2011, and today is the leading Executive Search firm in the healthcare tech & services industry.
Oxeon Ventures is an investment firm with two component strategies:
- Oxeon’s Venture Studio is a small team that focuses on creating new companies within the firm. The team develops the business concept internally, recruits the founding management team, supports a sale with an anchor customer, and often raises outside capital for the business. The team utilizes the broader Oxeon Holdings network of executives across healthcare at all phases of the new company creation process.
- The Venture Studio also works closely with Town Hall Ventures, a venture capital fund focused on investing in healthcare tech & services companies targeting underserved populations, particularly around the financing and investments associated with our de novo Venture Studio companies.
As a Senior Associate inside Oxeon’s Venture Studio, you will be responsible for providing support on new company creation efforts. The new company creation process entails everything from identifying opportunities and customer pain, shaping the business concept, building out the founding executive team (in collaboration with Oxeon Partners), selling early anchor customers, and in certain cases, raising external capital to pursue the opportunity.
You will be working with a Venture Studio Director, who owns each of the above tasks. Daily activities include leading research into relevant topics, creating and participating in presentations to potential customers, investors, or executives, and any other task related to launching the business. You will also be expected to surface insights, both those relevant to the new company concept and those that pertain to the industry at large, while building the necessary skills to eventually lead your own new company creation project.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years work experience, with exposure to healthcare technology or services including payers and providers
- Demonstrated success in a demanding professional services or entrepreneurial environment with high expectations and an autonomous working style
- Demonstrated intellectual horsepower and flexibility: this candidate must be able to think across the entire healthcare IT/services market and make lateral connections to identify the highest-value opportunities, while being able to get “in the weeds” and understand and solve operational problems as well.
- Demonstrated motivation and hustle: a high-energy and iterative approach to problem-solving; past examples of taking initiative, demonstrating grit and exhibiting entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated EQ and an approach to building relationships that gets to trust quickly
- Demonstrated desire to expand skill set and learn how to start a company
- Mission-driven: committed to improving how healthcare works by solving systemic challenges
- Candidate should be proficient in a range of hard skills: experience creating financial models, externally-facing presentation materials, etc